The best leftover recipes don’t taste like leftovers. This recipe totally exceeded my expectations. I think the secret is poaching the chicken at the end very gently just to warm through. It actually tastes better than the curry I make from raw chicken, as the meat is very soft.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1.5 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- Can of coconut milk
- 2 lime leaves
- 1 stick dried lemongrass
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- Leftover chicken
- Finely chop the ginger and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the garlic and ginger. Fry for a couple of seconds and then add the Thai curry paste.
- Allow to cook for about a minute, then add the rest of the ingredients except the chicken.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes until the texture is slightly thicker.
- Dice or shred the chicken, then add to the curry and poach on a simmer for five minutes.
- Serve with Thai jasmine rice.