This bento is packed with leftover Spanish omelette from dinner the day before. It’s just as delicious cold the next day, and I love it with dill pickles.
Here’s the Spanish Omelette recipe!
- 3 large potatoes
- 200g ham
- 100g frozen peas
- 50g oak smoked / sundried tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Peel the potatoes and slice thinly. Wash to remove the starch, then fry vey lightly in olive oil to ensure the potato is slightly sealed and won’t stick.
- Then remove to a microwave dish, cover and cook until tender. This is the cheat’s method for getting your potatoes completely soft without creating a crispy crust or sticking together and breaking apart. That way, they’ll be soft and melt into the egg when you bite into it.
- Crack the eggs into a jug, then add the chopped ham, tomatoes and peas. Mix.
- Add the hot potatoes to the egg, mix around, then return to the pan.
- Once the bottom is well set, grate some cheddar cheese onto it and pop it in the oven on a low temp until set.
- Then remove, leave for a few minutes and slice.
This will serve two for dinner with a portion left over for a bento, or will make around four large bento portions.