It might be the depths of winter, but that doesn’t mean you can’t brighten up your lunch time with a tasty dish of yaki udon. Thick Japanese noodles are combined with veggies and a savory sauce to make a great alternative to sandwiches – or, you can serve hot for dinner!
Yaki Udon Recipe
- 2 portions cooked udon noodles
- 60g thinly sliced chicken thigh
- 4 spring onions
- 2 leaves white cabbage
- 2 shiitake mushrooms
- ½ green pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Cut the chicken into small pieces. Cut the spring onions diagonally in small pieces. Thinly slice the mushrooms. Chop the cabbage roughly and julienne the pepper.
- Stir fry the chicken, then add the spring onions, cabbage, mushrooms and pepper and fry until tender. Add the cooked noodles and fry for a minute, then add seasoning, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- You’re done!
This serves two adults, for a hearty lunch or dinner!