If you want to pick up some classic pieces that will serve you well year after year, then you should look no further for inspiration than the wardrobe of Kate, Duchess of Cambridge. If you follow me you know I’m a big fan, and I love picking up pieces the duchess has worn, because I know that they’re always great quality and will last for seasons.
With that in mind, I’ve put together a list of some of my favourite items that Kate has been seen in, that are still available now. Each one of these has been tried and tested by me, and I’ve worn them time and again!
Here are some more details on these items:
- Sandwash Pink lipstick, Bobbi Brown, £20. Worn by Kate on her wedding day, this is a light, romantic pink colour, great for everyday wear.
- Double Leaf Earrings, Catherine Zoraida, £150. Such a pretty pair of earrings, these are great for autumn, and for dressing up a plain outfit with a hint of fluttering gold.
- Tartan Wrap in Claret, Really Wild, £135. This is one of my favourite scarves of all time, and never goes out of style!
- Ruby Dry black suede boots, Russell & Bromley, £275. These are one of Kate’s trusty pairs of black boots, and it’s easy to see why she wears them often. They’re flattering and comfortable!
- 9ct white gold cubic zirconia studs, Beaverbrooks, £125. A cheaper version of Kate’s Kiki McDonough Grace studs (which retail for £795), these simple yet classic earrings are refined and chic at the same time.
- Shimmer Brick in Pink Quartz, Bobbi Brown, £33. Wash a blusher brush loaded with this over your cheeks and you’ll be bathed in a gently sparkling rose-tinted shimmer. Another one of Kate’s wedding day beauty items. (For more shimmer and less colour, try Rose.
- Black silk velvet Dulwich coat, Libelula, £325. I have to confess, this was the piece that made me fall in love with Kate’s style. She’s only worn this beautiful coat once, but it’s a staple during the party season for me, elegantly draping over a party dress to create a complete look without resorting to your everyday coat, or bundling up in a bolero. Wait for a 50% discount code, which the company give out fairly regularly – but be quick, because sizes sell out fast!
What’s your favourite wardrobe staple for autumn? Do you like Kate’s style, or do you follow another fashion icon for inspiration! Let me know in the comments.
Like my posts? Find me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Polyvore for even more content!