I may have mentioned before my love for the late Sheila Lukins’ USA Cookbook. Her chilli chicken salad is a delicious way of using up turkey or chicken from your left over holiday meal!
- Half cup mayonnaise
- Half cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 4 cups shredded chicken or turkey
- One diced red pepper
- One diced green pepper
- 10 pitted black olives
- 2 finely sliced spring onions
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Bed of lettuce
- Cayenne pepper (for dusting)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Bunch red grapes
- In a bowl, mix together everything from the mayonnaise to the cumin.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients down to the spring onion.
- Lay the salad on your bed of lettuce, and dust with cayenne pepper, and sprinkle with the coriander.
- Serve with the avocado and red grapes.
Creamy, zingy, spicy… this is not leftover chicken as you know it!
One thought on “What to do with leftover chicken and turkey: chilli chicken salad”