I don’t know about you, but I’ve been a loyal Lostie since the show started. While I’m sure I’m not going to love the finale (so many unanswered questions!) I’m sure I’m going to have a blast watching it – because I’m planning my very own Lost finale party! When it comes to parties, there’s only one thing I care about, and that’s the food. So here’s my lowdown on the best menus for a Lost finale party, culled from the interwebs, and in places, my own imagination. I’ve got three ‘menus’ to choose from, although in reality they are just three lists – food inspired by the show, food from the show itself, and an extra special, cos I love ya low-fat/low calorie diet menu. Plus, as an extra special bonus, a list of drink ideas!
Menu from the show universe
- Peanut butter (Charlie’s present to Claire – bonus points if it’s in a Dharma-labelled jar!)
- Fish biscuits (from the Polar bear cages – as eaten by Sawyer and Kate) – recipe here.
- Grilled cheese sandwiches (brought to Jack by Juliet when he was being held captive by Ben)
- Muffins (cooked by Juliet for her book club)
- Mr Cluck’s Chicken (fried chicken from Hurley’s fast food chain – use generic fast food fried chicken!)
- Foraged fruits: mango, banana, passionfruit, guava, papaya, coconut, oranges (for Locke-smiles…). Serve them whole on a chopping board with a hunter’s knife for added drama and authenticity. Or, make them into a fruit salad like Hurley.
- Hunted meat like boar (cop out and use pork! Roasted pork tenderloin, pork ribs, pulled pork… Mmm!), rabbit and chicken
- Grilled fish, or sashimi ala Jin
- Dharma-labelled food, easily created by printing out labels and sticking them on pre-existing packages. Some of the most famous Dharma food includes the aforementioned peanut butter, ranch composite (ranch dressing), Dharmalars (probably a version of Mallomars), and mac and cheese. Click here for an amazing array of Lost labels for your food!
- Apollo bars (dark chocolate and nuts)
- Alcohol salvaged from the plane in mini-bottles, or provided by Dharma, including beer, whiskey, rum, red and white wine.
Menu inspired by the show
- Peanut butter cookies / peanut butter pie / homemade peanut butter cups / Nigella Lawson’s peanut butter fudge sundae – highly recommended!
- Grilled tuna and mango salad
- Hawaiian pizza (pizza topped with pineapple and ham)
- Island fruits combined with cream and topped with caramel sauce, or sweetened with honey and spiked with lime juice and zest. Or, try grilling, baking or BBQing the fruit with a little honey
- Pineapple salsa
- Korean-style salad from Sun’s garden (try here, here or here for a dressing)
- Rice cooked with coconut milk
- Grilled Hawaiian fish with papaya dressing
- Hawaiian pork casserole
- Emeril’s grilled marinated fish with tropical salsa and coconut rice
- Dried fruit mix – coconut shavings, dried pineapple, banana chips, etc
- Gammon steaks topped with a pineapple ring
- Or, a ‘desert-island food’ idea, where every guest brings the one food they would want if they were stranded on a desert island. Or, if you like puns and you’re not afraid of the calories, a dessert island party!
Low-calorie Lost menu
- Grilled coconut shrimp with pineapple salsa
- Tropical fruit salad
- Sun’s garden vegetables with Dharma Ranch dip (crudities and low-fat dip)
- Grilled fish with tropical relish
- Low-fat peanut butter cookies
- Tropical fruit juice
- MacCutcheon whiskey (stick a fake label over a bottle of whiskey to create ultra-rare Lost whiskey!)
- Wine from Moriah Vineyards, as made by Desmond the monk (as above)
- Zombie (2 parts white rum, 1 part dark rum, 1 part golden rum, 2 parts lime juice, 1 part orange juice, 1 part pineapple juice, half part sugar syrup, ice, shaken in a mixer)
- Pina Colada (1 part white rum, 2 parts coconut cream, 2 parts pineapple juice, shaken and strained)
- Banana Daiquiri (2 parts white rum, 2 parts lime juice, dash triple sec, 1tsp sugar, crushed ice, 1 ripe banana, blended until smooth)
- Mai Tai (1 part light rum, 1 part dark rum, 1 part Cointreau, dash Grenadine, tsp lime juice, 3 parts orange juice, 3 parts pineapple juice, shaken over ice and strained)
- Blue Devil (3 parts gin, 1 part lemon juice, 1 tbsp maraschino, shaken over ice)
- Blue Lagoon (3 parts vodka, 1 part blue Curacao, 3 parts pineapple juice, shaken over ice and strained)
- Non-alcoholic fruit cup (2 parts orange juice, 2 parts grapefruit juice, 2 parts pineapple juice, 2 parts apple juice)
You can find some Lost-themed menus, ideas and resources at these sites:
- Lost Party Theme
- iVillage Lost-inspired party menu
- TV Dinners: Lost Menu and Party Plan
- Lost Season 6 Party Menu
- Lostpedia’s complete list of food that has appeared in Lost
- Max Pictures’ Dharma Labels
Have fun! And, be sure to tell me what YOUR Lost party menu consisted of…
DISCLAIMER: I didn’t create any of the content linked to here, nor can I vouch for the reliability or deliciousness of any of the recipes, save Nigella’s awesome peanut butter fudge sauce… Click and make at your own risk!
4 thoughts on “Ultimate Lost Party Menus”
This is awesome! Especially the low-cal menu… I might have to do this for the finale! 🙂
Oh we are complete LOST fans so this post is great, hadn’t thought of having a party but it definitely is worth the celebration having watched it eagerly for so many years!
Sounds like an awesome and well thought-out menu! Thanks for linking to me! I love LOST too and have watched since the very beginning, I’m so sad it’ll be over but I’m SO excited to see how it ends. I’m relatively happy with how it’s wrapping up but I wonder what surprises we’ll see in the finale.
Just want to say what a great blog you got here!
I’ve been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work!
Thumbs up, and keep it going!